Saturday, April 4, 2009

Not nice policeman!

On Tuesday I was driving home from the soup kitchen after doing a clinic and I got my very first ticket. In truth I was speeding so it was deserved but it just goes to show you no good deed goes unpunished. Then last night I was driving home from teaching a class at 10:30 at night and I'm on Legacy, cruise control set at 58. Speed limit is 55. A cop pulls out behind me, no biggie I thought. He keeps trailing me. I keep looking in my rear view mirror because he has a red light in his car and I can see it and I don't know what it is. I get about half a mile from Centerville and the police light goes on. He shines his bright spot light on my car and them comes slinking up with his hand on his hip like he wants to shoot me or something. He asks me if I know why he pulled me over and I say I don't have a clue. He then wants to know what I've been drinking and what kind of drugs I take because he said he was videotaping me (hence the red light) and that I was drifting onto the shoulder. I told him I didn't drink or do drugs...except Lipitor. He then wanted to check my eyes to see if I have nystagmus. He ask if I know what they are I'm just looking at him thinking you dumb little crap head. You're 20 year old self is asking ME if I know what a nystagmus is. I wanted to ask him to spell it. I told him to give me an alcohol test but he wouldn't do it. I also told him he could search the stack of bags in my car. I had 15 CPR mannequins in my back seat. He was really bummed when he figured out I wasn't drunk because he had called BACKUP! He gave me a ticket for unsafe lane changing or something idiotic. I gave the ticket to Catherine and she is going to call the WX attorney on Monday. I told the guy the reason my car was drifting was because the wind was blowing. I watched the weather 40 mph wind gust.... Good grief. No tickets for 48 years then 2 in a week.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors