Friday, July 10, 2009

Busy Week

Alika graduated from beauty school today. We are so thrilled and proud of her. She just turned 19 last month so it is really quite the accomplishment. She was very happy, as well she should be. She's going to assist at a salon until she takes her boards and gets her license. Way to go Alika!
Alex had an open house at his work. AJ, Sean and I went to check it out. Old Dominion is growing while other trucking companies are struggling. It was fun to see where he works and what he does.Harrison got baptized today. Congratulation's to Harrison. He turned eight last month but he got to blow out candles again today. It was a fun afternoon. First we went to Alika's graduation then Harrison's confirmation and party afterwards.


Welcome to the family Lisa-Jean! Lisa-Jean Denise Foley was born on 7-9 (Gma Dolder's bday) at 6:29 and she weighed 9 pounds 5 ounces. Big girl. Autumn did really well, she only pushed 25 minutes. Do those Thomas girls know how to have babies or what? Autumn looks like a little girl holding a baby. I just love this picture.
One down (Autumn) two to go. Next to deliver is Jaclyn, then Stephanie. The babies just keep coming in this family.

Now for the Jenny drama. I got call on Thurs at 4:45 a.m. Jenny said she was "sorry to call me so late, but". "Sorry to call me so early you mean" was my response. Kylie summed it all up the next day. To quote a three-year-old. "My daddy was bad and he punch-id a man in the face and he had to go with the cops." That translates to her dad is in jail for aggravated assault. Hm, it is a continuing soap opera. I was thinking tonight if I could go back to November 23, 2007 at 0100 and I walked into the ER and saw Jenny standing there beat up and crying would I still go to her or would I walk away. If I had known what a commitment I was making would I have still gone to that apartment, picked the kids up and brought them home? It doesn't really matter because you can't change the past but it is an interesting thought. I'm guessing the answer is yes because I don't know what I'd do without my Sean.
Sean and Don took a walk today and Sean insisted on Don taking his shoes off so he could wear them. He walked half a block in Don's tennis shoes. Don said it made all the neighbors smile. I'm sure it did. I only hope Don's shoes are always the ones Sean chooses to walk in.
One last Sean story. This morning he woke up and was calling out MAAAAAAAAAAAA. I wanted to sleep so I thought I'll pretend I don't hear him and maybe he will go back to sleep. I hear quiet for about ten minutes and I think, wow it worked. Then I hear this pitter patter of little feet and who walks into our bedroom carrying his blanket, SEAN! He CLIMBED out of his crib. He had the biggest smile on his face and was so proud of himself. I wasn't planning on taking him out of the crib unit he was two but apparently I need to reconsider.


Jameson, Tyson, Nate and Sean eating hot dogs at Catherine's house. Oh and the big kid is Dan.

3 comments:

Jori said...

Thanks for the pics and the updates It is great to see what is going on! I guess I need to get a camera too

Sharon said...

Autumn's baby is adorable, by the way. She is such a sweet, cheerful looking mother. The baby is bound to be special. It must be fun to have so much family so close.
Stay cool, Love, Sharon

Mollie said...

Alika looks like she's receiving an Oscar! Congrats to everyone.

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors