Sunday, October 30, 2016

Dinosaurs

We left Midway around 10 and drove to Vernal. I had never been to the quarry. They built a building around an area of dinosaur fossils. They believe it was a river or lake where dinosaur had died in mass. Then as the mountains were formed the fossils shifted up with the mountains. It's pretty amazing to touch a 165 million year old fossil.

We took a hike and looked at petrogrylphs. There were lots. We stopped and did some mini hikes.




We went to the Field House Museum in Vernal before we headed home.

It's nice that the kids have shared childhood experiences even though they are raised in different families.  The other day Sean said "wouldn't it be weird if you ended up in a different family then your own. I said "you did." He said "no, I mean if someone stole you." I said "Jennie would say I did steal you." He asked why she would say that and I told him because she blames me that foster care took the girls. I told him she could have gotten the girls back if she had done what the judge said. Sean said, "I don't mean like that, I mean if I was in a different family then mine"! I told him I sometimes wonder what he would be like if he had stayed in his original family and he said he didn't think he would be as happy. I think that is true.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors