Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Shocked and dismayed

I am so shocked and disgusted that Donald Trump has been elected president. I had such a hard time teaching last night. Don kept texting me updates and I was in an utter state of disbelief. We live in a free country and the people elected Trump. That's what the majority (well almost the majority want) and that's what we got. They hadn't gotten to 270 when I went to bed last night but we all knew that's where it was headed. About 2 a.m. one of the neighbors started firing off fireworks. I was laying in bed listening and I remembered the day the war in Vietnam ended. My dad went outside and shot his rifle and we all beeped the car horns. I was young and didn't really understand what was happening but new it was monumental. Last night was monumental. As sad as I am others are ecstatic. It's like some sort of parallel universe. I hope the people who voted for Trump are right and he does a good job. I worry that women's health care, gay rights, the economy will tank and the risk for a nuclear event will increase. I hope, I really hope I am wrong.

I just listened to Hillary speak this morning and I cried. She had such grace and poise. She is everything Donald Trump is not.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors