Monday, February 21, 2022

Breast reduction: Boob picture alert

Somewhere around menopause my breast got HUGE. It was really bothering me. I could go on and on about me, the constant shoulder pain, looking in the mirror...... I decided 2022 was the year for a breast reduction. I had already decided the plastic surgeon I wanted to use. I called to schedule an appointment at the beginning of January and the first appoint I could get was in September. I asked if it would be another 9 months after that appointment until I could have the surgery and they said yes but I could pay a $500 deposit and they would schedule the surgery now for the week after my appointment. They also put me on a cancellation list if they had an opening. 

On February 2 they called and said they had an opening for the next day! My first thought was no but I asked them to give me an hour to think about it. I called Linda to see if she could teach for me on the weekend and she said yes. I had a week off after the weekend so I decided why wait.
I went in for the consult the day they called and the next day I was the last case of the day.
 I only had 30 hours to think about it but by the time we a got the office I was ready, it was like I'd been waiting months. Don was a lot more nervous than I was. I was just excited.


My boobs all marked up. They removed 5 pounds of breast tissue, fat and skin. It's been 2 1/2 weeks and my shoulder pain is gone. I can sleep on my side again!

The black lines are where my breast used to land. Seriously I am really, really happy I did this.

 
I was worried about ruining my 450+ day streak of walking 5 miles a day. Since my surgery was in the morning I walked before I went in. They told me not to walk the next day but I felt great so I did! I could have worked the weekend after a one day of recovery but I was glad I didn't have to because I slept all day. I didn't need any pain medication. It was pretty amazing. The surgeon and CRNA were great.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors