Thursday, November 23, 2023

My beach puppy

We left Odie with AJ and Steph, but Holly has had a blast.








I even had a 20,000-step day with Holly. She has probably 25 miles off leash this week. She never gets to walk off leash but since the beach is empty for miles we've let her off leash, and she has had a great time chasing birds and looking for crabs and stinky dead sea life.

We did have one Holly "incident." Don and I went to the grocery store, and Sean and Holly were home. Sean was in the shower and the front door blew open. Holly got out and was running around lost. A renter found her and scanned her. He called but I didn't answer because I was driving. He left a message. A few minutes later, at the grocery store, my phone rang again. This time, it's a neighbor two doors down. She said, "Carol, I've got Holly, and I didn't know you were in town." The guy who found her thought Angel's house was someone else's, but he gave her Holly and said he had left a message with the owner but had somewhere he had to be, so Angel kept her, scanned her, and called. As soon as I hung up with Angel, I got a call from Sean asking, "Do you have Holly?" When I picked her up, Angel was giving her dog treats, which is funny because she doesn't have a dog.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors