Friday, December 5, 2008

homeless clinic

I took Sean home this morning at 7:30 a.m. on the way to the homeless clinic. Jenny called me about five times after I got home. I was busy with Nate and cooking dinner. When I answered she asked if I would take Sean back because she didn't have any diapers. I told her I'd keep him if she'd bring him over which she did. She said he was "high balling it." I always thought it was called "going commando." Any way he didn't have a diaper on. He was very happy to see us and we are always happy to see him.

Speaking of the homeless clinic I am sure grateful to have a home. I had all sorts of crazy patients today. One thought he was a pirate. He even wore a patch over his eye with a pirate sign. He talked a lot, I thought he was talking to me and then I realized he was talking to the voices. Occasionally, he would answer my questions. I had another patient with bad diabetes and I asked him how he slept at the shelter with all the noise. He said he's so tired from walking the streets all day that he goes to sleep even though there are 80 other people sleeping in the same warehouse room with him. Just sounds awful.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors