Monday, March 8, 2010

Frustration

Jenny was insistent this week that Sean spend Sunday and Monday night at her house. He’s only spent three nights in the past six weeks so I decided to not argue the issue. Don dropped him off yesterday at 4. Jenny called this morning and wanted to know when I could take the girls swimming and when I was picking up Sean. (I will pick him up right this minute…is that an option.) I told her I would have to check the recreation center schedule. She called again at 3 and said she and Ryan were at the dentist and he was getting two teeth pulled. I asked where Sean was and she said he was at Ryan’s brother Mike’s house. Ryan’s brother whose wife can’t stand Jenny or her kids. Remember the fight where Jenny and her sister in law were beating each other up and the police came and Ryan went to jail because he had outstanding warrants. Yes, my sweet little biscuit is in that lovely home. Two weeks ago when he spent the night she told me later that she had left him with a sitter and gone out to the movie with friends. Why, does she want him and then leave him with anyone she can find to watch him? It makes me worry like crazy! She said he had a hard time going to sleep last night and that he and Brie got up in the middle of the night and were playing. Great. When I asked her what she was doing tomorrow she said “keeping the kids out of Ryan’s way because he’s going to be in pain.” Great, again. I told her to call me and I would pick Sean up if he was adding to the stress. Unfortunately she doesn’t think that way. It’s not real stress to her until someone gets beat up and the police come.

I hate, hate, hate that Sean has to go there. He comes home reeking of cigarettes with red runny eyes and a cough. I am grateful we have custody but honestly I can’t help but want more…

3 comments:

Jori said...

I am so sorry......what an awful situation. Could you call her with some excuse that he needs to come back...like you just miss him so much...or you have a chance to take him and the girls somewhere special...someone's birthday..... IDo you remember when you called me on the first Christmas that Dale had Shari and I was laying on the floor sobbing.? Somehow you got me through that. I wish I could remember what you said so I could repeat it to you. I can't but I bet Grandma Dolder is watching after him. I am sure he will come home safely soon. As he gets older he will be able to let her know he prefers not to be there and Jenny will listen.

mommiebear2 said...

I can imagine how stressful this must be for you, even thinking about having to go through what you are with one of my own. :(

Standinginhislight said...

How difficult this must be! You are amazing, my dear, and just as this lil guy blesses you, you are such a blessing to him! I love how you keep it real!
~Sheri

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors