Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Zoo

Alika wanted to go to the lake this weekend but since there was hardly any water last weekend we decided that was a no go. Her second choice was the zoo. They have a new exhibit for polar bears and seals. Not in the same exhibit of course because the polar bears would eat the seals and that would traumatize the zoo patrons!

 I thought the polar bears looked happier in their old exhibit that was in a deep pit with water and caves that you had to look down to see. The polar bears looked agitated seeing all the kids so close on the other side of the glass. I think they wanted to eat people and knowing they couldn't just annoyed them. Apparently sometimes the polar bears swim and you can watch them through the glass and that is cool but there was no swimming while we were there, just pacing and looking hungry. Watching the seals swim was good.

Empress spent the night with us so she came along for our zoo trip. She said "I didn't even know you were my grandma." I said "you can call me Carol you don't have to call me Grandma" and she said "no, I want to call you Grandma because you are the only one I have." 
On the elephant. I remember when Sean was scared of this because it made noise. He was disappointed that the dinosaurs weren't there any more.


Empress and Alika

Sean asked "mom, are you going to get sick on this ride?"
 
On the train.
We went to Ruth's diner afterwards for lunch.
We stopped by Alika's house to pick her up. This is her front room. She lives in a loft above a restaurant. It used to be a sewing factory. It is just so Alika. Ever since she was little she has wanted to live downtown, ride her bike around, go to the farmer's market and drum circle. She's living her dream. She went to Oktoberfest in Park City on Saturday. She's happy:) 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors