Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Weekend stuff and first day of Kindergarten

Don had to fix the gable vent at the top of the house. It got blown out in the wind storm in January. He rented a lift.

It went really high. Scary! Sean thought it was fun. Now the house is fixed.
Sabrina called on Saturday and asked "do you have any food I can have?" She's in her new apartment and doing pretty well but still struggling. I told her to come over to pick up food and let Empress play. I was getting ready to make a blanket for Don's new niece Nova and when I told Sean what I was doing he wanted me to make him a new blanket first. Empress and Sean helped tie. It was fun. No it hasn't replaced Sean's baby blanket or his lion blanket. He now sleeps with all three. It's kind of cute. Sabrina asked if I had just made the lion blanket and I said "yep, I just made it 30 years ago." She said "wow, you guys take care of your stuff." I showed her the one mom made Carter too. When your raised in foster care and then as an adult move all the time you don't hang on to any of "your stuff." I've still got the stuff dogged my mom got at a baby shower for me and the stuffed dog my Grandmother had 75 years ago. To say nothing of the furniture from my dad's family. That is really old. It must be sad to have none of your history. Sabrina said "I always dreamed about my kids playing with my brothers and sisters kids and the only one she ever sees is Sean." I'm glad Sean has a relationship with his cousin.
 
Sean started kindergarten today. He looked so BIG it made me kind of sad. Where did the time go? He isn't old enough for kindergarten in public school so if we put him in public school next year he will repeat it. I don't want to put him ahead a year. I don't want him growing up any faster then absolutely necessary.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors