Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Noise and mess!

The girls spent three nights with us. Sean loved it and they had a great time. I am left wondering how Lanette does it. Sometimes I feel guilty that we didn't adopt the girls, I think we could have done that. After three days the fact that I couldn't do it is reaffirmed. The three of them are so busy. They are non-stop mess. I spent a lot of time following them around with a vacuum cleaner.
I follow a couple of blogs of people who have adopted lots of children and I don't knw how they cope. I guess other people are just wired for more noise and mess than I am.

We met up with Catherine and her brood at the rec center.

Sean and Tyson

Sean is now big enough to hop around the lazy river. So big!

This is about 1 a.m. the first night they were here. They came over on Easter. Lanette didn't bring them until after all her Easter guest were gone so it was 10 p.m. The kids were so excited they were literally bouncing off the walls. The connection between those three is intense. There is no down time or reconnect period when they meet no matter how long they've been apart. I gave them sippy  cups with chocolate milk in them. Big mistake they were shake the cups to spray each other. There was milk on the walls, the floor, the ceiling. It was 12:30 before they went to sleep.

On Monday we went to Heather's so they could play with Ryder and Holland. Brie has changed so much. I said that people used to think Kylie and Brie were twins. Brie said that when she and Sean had the same haircut people thought they were twins. The shaved hair incident was such a traumatic event in Bries life and now she can make jokes about it.

Sean and Brie were really tight and they would leave Kylie out. At one point I couldn't find Kylie she was hiding in the play room. She had written this letter to Sean and taped it on his door. A great way to express her anger.

Note the milk drips on the wall behind them. I keep finding more drips to clean.

I enjoyed having the girls but admit that I am happy to have the peace and quiet of an only child at home. I just put Sean to bed and he was asleep in five minutes.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors