Friday, August 14, 2015

Smoot Park

I took the kids to Smoot Park so they could play in the stream. They were jumping off these rocks into about 6 inches of water. Brie hurt her ankle but recovered quickly.


The water was cold.
I hadn't talked to Sean about Jennie and Ryan having a new baby but it came up when the girls were here. (Jennie always comes up when the girls are here.) Jennie and Ryan have a 5 month old named Jack. He looks just like the kids and when I see pictures of him it hurts my heart. He looks so much like Sean and I worry, are they taking care of him. Is he clean? Are they watching him, changing him, loving him? I actually get short of breath when I look at pictures of him. Jennie was initially really insistent that the kids meet the baby. Neither Lanette or I were willing. How is that supposed to work out? I'm not going to let Sean go to their house and I'm not having them leave the baby at my house. Having the baby at my house would be letting them back in control of my life and as much as I would love that baby I can't do that. In June Jennie got arrested and put in jail on some old warrants. They let her out of jail due to overcrowding. When she went back to court they scheduled another date with the judge because they couldn't reach a resolution. Jennie took the baby and went to Texas. I am guessing that at the next court date she would have been sent back to finish the year in jail that she had previously been sentenced to. She knows that if DCFS found out they would take the new baby. What a mess. I am hoping she is smart and stays in Texas but being smart has never been easy for her. I told the kids that she had moved to Texas and why. Sean said "why doesn't she just stay and deal with her problems?" They can't fathom how out of control and deep her problems are. She was texting and calling me a lot earlier in the month. I sent her a text and some pictures.

Initially when the baby was born she was calling and texting every day. Lanette finally told her she wasn't going to let her see the girls and that they were in therapy again. This made Jennie really mad and she said that if it wasn't for me she would still have her kids. Wow, I guess it's my fault that she's worried DCFS is after the new baby and I'm not even part of her life. I keep hoping she's going to pull it together but she never does.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors