Saturday, October 17, 2015

Georgetown Canal

We got to the hotel around 4 and decided to walk down the Georgetown Canal to find a restaurant. 

The hotel gave us a card with a bunch of discount to restaurants. I picked the one with the best reviews. I picked wrong. The pizza was really gross, Sean wouldn't even eat it. Don and Audrey didn't like their food either. Oh well, live and learn. The waited was nice and we sat outside so the atmosphere was excellent. I've been amazed at how incredibly nice everyone in DC has been. We were having trouble finding our hotel. We took the train from the airport to the stop about half a mile from our hotel and then we walked. A man walking his dogs came up and asked what we were looking for. He then walked us two blocks so he could point to where we needed to go. I thought that was the exception but the guy at the train station was so pleasant and helpful. The bus drivers are crazy nice. It's like everyone in DC loves their jobs. The help in fast food restaurants are cheerful and helpful. Utah customer service pales in comparison. I don't know why I'm so surprised but I am. I think in my mind it's a big city and the bigger the city the less friendly the people. That has been a poor assumption on my part.

Selfies at the restaurant. 

I love that boy!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors