Sunday, October 18, 2015

Last day in DC

An unexpected treat was having lunch with my friend Shanna Steffy. I worked with Shanna in the ER at PVH 20 years ago. I had totally forgotten that she worked in DC. I posted a picture on face book of us at the capitol and a message pops up from Shanna asking how long we were staying in town. She and her husband met us for lunch this morning at the Tavern where JFK proposed to Jackie. It was just warm and fuzzy to see her after so many years. She leaving in a couple of weeks for Baghdad. She's going to work as a nurse taking care of the Federal employees stationed there. Her husband is going to work in personnel. I didn't know but she spent a year working in Afghanistan. Crazy life she lives. I'm so proud of her. I remember when she was working as a C.N.A. in the ER.


My feet didn't think they could take a whole day of walking. We only walked two miles today. We took a 90 minute boat ride of the Potamic. It was fun but it got really cold.





Sean pretending to be a statue. 

It's been a really fun trip. Our hotel was excellent and we saw lots. There's a lot more to see in DC then what you can do in three days but we gave it our best. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors