Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sean is 8!




Sean is 8. He had a cold so he didn't feel great on his birthday. He had a party at Dartside with a dozen of his friends from school. He got hit in the ear with a dart and cried the first 30 minutes we were there. I was pretty frustrated. Dartside has gotten really busy. They were so crowded they had at least 40 people playing at the same time. It was way to many. It was total chaos.




I had gotten him an "upgraded gun" and he couldn't get it to work. Once he traded back to the normal one he was happier. In the end it worked out. He had fun the last 30 minutes and then they had cupcakes, pizza and opened presents.


8 years old! That sure happened fast.

Sean had 12 friends come to Dartside. Don and I drove two cars and we drove 7 of the kids. I had 5 kids in my car. When we were driving past Lagoon Sean said "my sister's dad went on a ride and he didn't even get wet!" One of the kids said "your sister's dad is your dad." Sean said "no it's not. I'm adopted." One of the kids said "Sean's adopted". I couldn't quite tell if his tone was incredulous or what but the car got quiet and you could hear a pin drop. I'm guessing the concept of adoption is foreign to these kids and they don't understand it. Sean said "if I wasn't adopted I would be in Texas and I wouldn't even know you guys." The conversation then picked right back up.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors