Tuesday, April 18, 2017

So confused, off to Manly beach

We woke up early for what we thought was our last day in Sydney. We were on the train by 7 and made it to the airport by 7:30. The line moved slowly at the ticket counter. When we got to the counter I handed the lady our passports. She told us that we needed to go to the Delta counter then she asked to see our ticket info. I handed it to here and she said, "your flight is tomorrow." Good grief! I called the hotel freaked out because we had checked out. They said "no worries your room is booked until tomorrow." We took the train back to the hotel, ate breakfast and then went to the beach.
It was cool, windy and overcast. Occasionally the sun would shine. Don and Sean had fun playing in the rough surf. I laid on the beach and listened to a book. We went to Manly beach. We took the "Manly Fast Ferry." Manly was much less expensive than Sydney.


On the ferry ride home the water was so rough people were yelling like they were on a roller coaster. Don had gone below to get a drink and Sean went after him. Shortly after Sean went downstairs was when the boat started rocking. I was worried that Sean hadn't gotten to Don but figured I'd hear him screaming if he hadn't found him. A few minutes later they came up the stairs. Sean started running towards me. The boat lurched and he fell hard. I was grateful he didn't break his arm. He just scraped up his leg and jammed his thumb. It was kind of scary.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors