Friday, September 7, 2018

More water drama



Watching my Khloe in kindergarten. She was so excited because she made it to "purple" for the first time. Before we left she said "I have to get my prize from teacher before we go Grandma." She then ran over to her teacher AKA Mom to get her prize. It's too cute her having her mom for her teacher. Pretty special!
I picked Vally up from her new daycare on the way home with Khloe. I had never been inside her daycare.
The kids were running around playing and all was well. Or so I thought....
About a week ago the refrigerator water dispenser quit dispensing.. Don looked up the problem on the Internet and found that it is usually a frozen pipe line. A couple days later it started working. Problem solved we thought. For a couple days I kept smelling something wet over by the fridge AND there was just a little water by the fridge door. I thought someone had dropped a ice cube and not picked it up. Friday afternoon after I brought the girls home and noticed another wet spot. I thought again it was a melted ice cube. Then I started thinking about the fact no one had been home to drop any ice. I started thinking maybe there was a leak and there might be water spots on the ceiling. I went downstairs not expecting the severity of our ice cube problem.




Yep, the line in the back of our fridge broke and water had been leaking behind the fridge for a couple of days (at least). Don disconnected the water from the fridge and pulled it out. I called our insurance company and they had a disaster cleanup company come over. This all happened a week ago and the disaster cleanup is still coming in daily. They've been working to dry everything. The verdict is still out on replacing the kitchen tile. I'm hoping they replace it. That tile is so old and ugly. 


They pulled all the wet pieces off the ceiling and set up fans and a dehumidifier.  Loud and hot!



No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors