Sunday, October 15, 2023

Amusing myself at the dog's expense

The day after I signed Odie's adoption paperwork, I took her to the vet. They did x-rays and blood work. The following Wed, I took her in to have her rotten teeth. Mary Smart, the vet, said that she was impossible to intubate because of a problem with her throat. Her vocal cords looked OK, so she doesn't know if someone just jabbed something in her trachea, she was born with a defect, or she has some sort of tumor or cancer in her throat. She said she would have to do a tracheostomy if she ever needed major surgery. She was able to pull the teeth with just a little gas anesthesia. I asked if she had ever had a dog she couldn't intubate before, and she said one in vet school. Poor little thing. In the three weeks we've had her, she has gained 1 pound 4 ounces. That's a lot of weight in a short time. She eats non-stop. At first, I was trying to push the calories, but I no longer have to worry about that. The dog likes to eat.




Holly is pretty funny with her. They play well, but there is some jealousy. I make sure to give whatever I want Holly to have to Odie first because I know Holly will take hers, and Odie will end up with Holly.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors