Saturday, May 23, 2009

It seems brighter here!

I brought Jenny, Kylie and Brie over yesterday to play in the hot tub and have lunch. When we got out of the car Jenny looked up at the sky and the house and said, "it seems brighter here than where I live." I thought that was profound on so many levels.

We were having fun playing. The girls were in the hot tub (that was turned down low) and then they would jump on the trampoline. It was all good until Kylie went running from the hot tub into the kitchen, wiped out and smacked her head really hard. She cried and I held her then she played again. About an hour later she got really grumpy and kept crying and whining. She said her head hurt so I gave her some Advil. I picked her up and was walking with her then I laid her on my bed and she slept for half an hour. Then she woke up screaming so Jenny brought her downstairs. She laid down on my chest on the couch and slept for about 15 minutes then she started throwing up.... Kylie said she wanted to go home so I drove them home and she slept in the car. I told Jenny to keep an eye on her. She called me about 20 minutes later and told me she threw up again so I told her to take her to Primary Children's. Poor Kylie has a concussion. Jenny said they strapped her down for the CT scan and she screamed bloody murder.

She's better today, thank goodness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've confirmed, it, you're like the most awesome person I know. And I totally agree with the symbolism of Jenny's statement. I bet they had fun that day. But poor Kylie!

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors