Monday, April 19, 2010

Eleven Times

That’s how many times Sean’s father has been in jail since Kylie was born. Jenny said she sat down and added them up. I told her 10 of those times have been since Sean was born and she said “maybe so.” Why do I bring this up you ask? Because Ryan’s back in jail AGAIN I answer.

I am feeling frustrated that Jenny feels so compelled to lie to me about every little thing. I don’t know what she thinks I am going to do if she just tells the truth. I try not to take it personally she lies to everyone it’s her way of life. I’m not sure she even realizes she’s doing it.

My current frustration started with Kylie and preschool. In January I paid to register Kylie and her first month of preschool at the local elementary school. I told Jenny I’d get Kylie started but then she needed to pay the $25 per month. Yes, that is correct $25 per month. It is a very inexpensive public school preschool program. (I told Jenny she should enroll the girls in head start because it’s free but she missed the deadline. Even though I reminded her registration week, but she couldn’t do it because Ryan was in jail.) A couple of weeks ago I asked Kylie how school was and she said “I can’t go because my mom doesn’t have any money.” I asked Jenny if Kylie was going to school and she said “no, it’s year round school and they are out for a month.”

I let it drop. Last week I got a call from the pre-school teacher asking why Kylie hasn’t been to school. I said “because it’s year round and school is out.” She said “no, we aren’t year round and Kylie hasn’t been here since March 2.” She asked me for Jenny’s current phone number and address which I gave her. The next day I asked Jenny why Kylie wasn’t in school and she said because they didn’t have the $25 but she would have it at the end of the month. I thought about this for awhile. Do I pay the $25? It’s pretty frustrating because they have money for beer, cigarettes, Village Inn and movies but not preschool. And let’s not forget all the court fines Jenny pays every month to keep Ryan’s loser butt out of jail. But, no money for Kylie to go to preschool. In the end I decided it is important for Kylie to go to preschool because it’s the only positive in her life and I have to separate my feelings for her parents and do what is right for Kylie. I called Jenny and told her I would pay to get Kylie back in to preschool and that I would send her a check made out to the school. She asked me to take it to the school district. Are you kidding me?

I took Sean over to there house last night for his weekly overnight visit. Which I hate doing! The girls seemed fine, the house was fairly clean. Only one beer bottle on the porch. I told Jenny I had to go downtown today and would stop at the school district and pay Kylie’s school fee. Today I went to the school district. They had taken Kylie off the rolls and turned the account over to collections. To re-enroll Kylie in school I was supposed to drive to 4500 South and pay the collection agency. Are you freaking kidding me? I got the number for the collection agency. After being on hold for 15 minutes they let me pay the $27.90 fee with a credit card over the phone. Yes, a collection agency for $25. Then I had to have the collection agency tell the school I had paid so I could pay the rest of the years fee to put Kylie back in school. An additional $25. Yes, all that drama for $52. I don’t know why Jenny couldn’t just tell me the truth before it went to collections! I suppose because I told her I expected her to pay for preschool after I paid the initial $50. Today I suggested she put the girls in head start next year so money is not an issue. There is of course the secondary issue of someone actually getting out of bed in the morning and walking her to school.

This all led to the second part of my frustration. I had to take Jenny the receipt so she could put Kylie back in school tomorrow. When I got there Jenny said “Ryan’s in jail again.” Why? According to Jenny yesterday around 6 (which is the exact time I took Sean over there) she and Ryan were walking to Smiths to buy ice cream for Kylie when a police car pulled up. Officer Stuck stepped out (He’s the officer that has arrested Ryan the last six times, they are on a first name basis.) and said “Ryan, I see you are with Jennifer and are in violation of your restraining order.” He then arrested him and took him to jail. Interestingly, Jenny says the restraining order was dropped a year ago and the court said it is their mistake and will let him out tonight. When I got home and looked at the jail docket, Ryan was in fact arrested on Friday at 2 pm. They are holding him for four or five outstanding charges. I am flabbergasted as to why she didn’t tell me it happened on Friday. Does she think my opinion some how changes because it happened on Friday instead of Sunday. Strange.

She also said that Ryan got a job at the M&M factory and that they are going to Arizona for a week at the end of the month and that she is surprised that DCFS has not been to their house. I’m not holding my breath for any of that.

1 comment:

The Only Girl said...

This seems like a very sad story. For everyone involved.

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors