Thursday, April 29, 2010

They were BOTH in jail

Yesterday I got a phone call on the house phone from “Inmate.” I didn’t answer. Then I got a phone call on my cell phone from “Inmate.” Highly suspicious. I went to the jail inmate site. (Sad that I know how to access that) and put in Ryan’s name and low and behold he was indeed an inmate. It still didn’t make sense to me as why on earth would he call me. My phone rang “Inmate” again and since it wasn’t collect I let my curiosity get the best of me. It was from “Inmate Jenny.” Touching, they were both in jail. Apparently they got drunk on Tuesday night and this time Jenny beat up Ryan. He is out already he just got booked for public intoxication. Jenny got booked for public intoxication, felon assault and five outstanding warrants.
I pretty much yelled at her for her 3 minute call. She said she was worried she would lose her job and I told her she should be worried she was going to lose her !@#!# kids. She called again a few minutes later to cry that she didn’t want to be there and that she was cold. I yelled for another three minutes. She wanted me to go get the girls from her house. They were there with Mike. I went and got them. It took 20 minutes for Mike to answer the door. I actually called dispatch to send over an officer but he opened the door before they got here so I had the girls when they arrived.

Ryan got released from jail at 10 am. I didn’t find this out until 8 pm. I couldn’t figure out why neither was on the jail docket. It was because Ryan had been released and Jen is booked under her maiden name. Jenny’s brother called me to tell me Jenny had been booked. I told him I was sick of being lied to and didn’t know what else to do. He said that Jenny should give the kids up for the adoption and that he had tried to help her for years but had given up because she just drags him down. He told me to do whatever I could to protect the kids.

Ryan still hadn’t called me at 8 at night so I called his dad. He said Ryan was home but in the shower. (No doubt). A little while later Ryan called and said I could bring the girls home. I said “they are in bed.” I told him I didn’t trust him not to get drunk and he told me he wouldn’t (No doubt). The girls really overwhelmed Alika yesterday she had to babysit while I worked and wasn’t looking forward to doing it again. I honestly didn’t know what to do so I called Heather and now she has the girls. It brought tears to my eyes. When I told Brie I was taking her to Holland’s she just sat there with a blank look and then her eyes sparkled and she looked at me like it was Christmas and kept saying “MY HOLLAN, you take me to see MY HOLLAN.” She said it all the way to their house. She is only three and hasn’t seen or spoken about Holland in 9 months but she remembers. It’s like those two are connected souls. It is almost scary. When I drove up to Heather’s Holland was sitting at the window like a little puppy waiting for Brie. Whatever this “connection” is it is there on Holland’s end too. Like I said it’s very intense. I only planned to leave Brie but Kylie wanted to stay too so I left them both.

When I got home I got a collect call from Jenny at the jail. I took it and told her it was the only collect call I would be taking. She wanted me to take the girls back to Ryan. I told her I was worried Ryan would get drunk and she assured me he wouldn’t. (No doubt).

Oh, and I called her work yesterday when I couldn’t find them thinking maybe she’d gotten out of jail and gone straight to work. She hasn’t worked there for a couple of weeks. The job she was crying from the jail that she might lose she lost weeks ago. I do not know why she always lies to me. It is so frustrating. She wanted me to check her bail, its $8000 for the old warrants they hadn’t posted a bail amount for the new charges. She said Ryan was going to post it and get her out as soon as it was listed. (No doubt). She wanted me to call Ryan and tell him to post it and put money on her phone card which I didn’t do.

I’ve talked to DCFS several times and they are opening a new case. I’m not holding my breath for them to do anything.

Breaking news! Ryan just called. Jenny will be in jail until May 11th. They can’t post bail and that’s when her hearing is. Just talked to Heather and she is going to call the DCFS worker and let her know she has the girls. Ryan says he is busy looking for a job (No doubt) and would be grateful if I take care of the girls. I promised him the girls were safe and being well taken care of.

Heather and I were talking about “the right thing to do.” Gee, where is the book on how to handle a situation like this.

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Oh man, what a mess. Those little girls are so lucky to have you and Heather. I'm sorry their deadbeat parents are in jail but unfortunately this is probably a better situation for them (inconvenient for you but good for them). I hope DCFS can come through on this one and get those girls out of that home. YOU'RE AN ANGEL.

Reviews @ AnotherTeenMom said...

Wow! What a tough situation. I don't exactly know what relation ryan and jenny are to you just from reading your post... but getting dragged into the middle of it must suck!

Hopefully those two can get their sh*t together and stop doing stupid things, and focus on those poor kids!

http://www.reviews.anotherteenmom.com
(my review and giveaway blog!)
http://www.anotherteenmom.com
(my personal blog!)

Kristin @ Meanbean said...

Wow...what a messy, hard situation. You are such an amazing person, intervening for kids the way you do. I've only read a little of your blog, and you sound like someone I would love to get to know :)

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors