Sunday, July 7, 2013

Happy 4th of July

We went spent the night at the lake on the 4th. Catherine and her boys came for dinner and to watch the fireworks. They went home and spent the night and came back on the 5th to go boating.  My cousin, John, his wife Julie and kids came and spent the night.

We watched the fireworks over the lake. They were not nearly as impressive as they have been in years past. I do love being able to watch the fireworks, walk back to the condo and go to bed.  The kids (with the exception of Harrison) were running around in the grass playing tag. They didn't even watch the fireworks. They were having so much fun. Having my cousin there reminded me of when we were kids. We used to play "mother may I" (which John hated), red light green light and freeze tag. I hope the kids have fond memories of playing with their cousins when they grow up. I used to love when my cousins came to play. I am grateful that Sean has "cousins" his own age. Granted they are all really second cousins, or first cousins once removed. All the little kids call the adults aunt and uncle even though some of us are really their cousins. It's easier to define the relationship by age then technicality.

Our trusty little yellow boat. The reservoir is LOW this year.  No big surprise but I do enjoy when the water is high. The kids didn't care. They had a blast. I remember when Sean used to be scared of the wind in the boat. He got over that last year and now loves to drive the boat.

Don and Hailey. Hailey and Larissa hadn't been boating before so they had a great time. Larissa was a little nervous but Hailey had no fear. She drove the boat and swam in the lake. She developed a particular fondness for Uncle Art and his metal detector.

Sean and Larissa had a great time together.

Jackson bleached his hair blond a couple of weeks ago. Made me think of when my boys used to do that. Every time I see Jackson it takes me a minute to realize it's him.

Sean and Larissa really enjoyed each others company. I'm not sure what the connection was but they definitely had one. I think Sean finally figured out which one is Larissa and which one is Hailey.

I bought an awning when we went to Lake Powell but we didn't use it. It was great at the lake. Easy to put up and take down and lots of shade for lots of people.

Julie and five month old Caleb. He is such a happy baby. I never heard him cry. He just kicks and smiles.

Surrounding Uncle Art and his metal detector. Hailey was excited because they uncovered a little metal pop gun. She thought that was the best treasure ever. Sean had to poop really bad and there was no way he was going to make it to the condo. We went behind some bushes. Char asked it I put the poop in a doggie bag. I told her no I just buried it. I told them I buried it along with a metal fork and some coins so Art could dig up some real treasure. That would be a real surprise!

Catherine, ever the organizer. She had the meals planned down to which sandwiches got mustard, which got mayo and which got both.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors