Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I got ink

Yep, I got ink. To be precise I got pigment, I'm tattooed, a marked woman.

Here's a picture of my naked eyes. I ran out of eye liner last week and I decided I wasn't going to buy anymore. Instead I was going to get permanent eye liner. I started the quest to find someone who I could trust to tattoo my face. I talked to a couple of friends who have had their eyes doen. When I went to meet with the woman and see her portfolio she was surprised. She said most women just come over and get tattooed without asking any questions. Nice, let a woman you don't know, whose work you haven't seen have her way with your face.

If anyone ask if it hurts to have your eyelids tattooed I would have to say it sure as heck doesn't feel good. I took two Lortab before I went but it was still pretty gross. It wasn't excruciating pain it was more like an unbearable itch in my brain. It actually hurt worse after it was done. I went home and slept the rest of the day. The other bummer is permanent eye make up is not really permanent. I have to go back in a month to have it "touched up" in case there are any spots that "don't take." Then I have to get it touched up every couple of years. Something to look forward to. After a week part of the pigment sluff's off and it will be about 30% lighter than it is now.

My eyes itch and I can't scratch. When the pigment starts to flake off I'm supposed to just leave it in my eyelashes because it might be attached to the pigment in my skin and if I pulled it, it would disrupt the eyeliner. I think this gives all new meaning to pain for vanity. Sean asked why my eyes were so swollen and I told him I had new make up. He told me I should have had Miranda do my makeup. (Ethan's mom who does face painting.) "Miranda doesnt' hurt you and you could be anyone you want except Iron Man because she doesn't have any gold paint." Too bad I didn't think of that before I got tattooed.

I think I will like it when it's all said and done. I had pretty much quit wearing eye make up because I have such a hard time seeing to put it on. Now I need to do something about that big wrinkle in the middle of my forehead.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors