Sunday, July 28, 2013

Trying to stay cool

Keeping Khloe cool by laying her on the table and surrounding her with newspapers and fast food. When Khloe gets mad she cries real tears and gets cold and clammy. A baby with attitude! She's even cute when she's screaming.

Sean's had two sessions of swim lessons this summer. He's not a natural swimmer but is doing better. He can't swim across the pool but can turn from back to front, look for the side of the pool and make his way to it. I'm not sure if we are going to do a third session or not.

Sean's had a couple of fun visits with Ethan.


We've seen Monster's' University, morale of which is: cheat, get kicked out of college and you can still be successful. Sean really liked the minions in Despicable Me 2. My favorite was Turbo. I loved the line "What's the plan taco man?" and "snailed it." Sean didn't like movies until he was almost four but now he loves them.

Khloe came to visit me at classroom so I had to do a retake of a picture I did when  Sean was a baby. "Surrounded by dummies."

Mom has a little variety in how she feels these days. She has bad days, awful days and really awful days. She's either constipated or has diarrhea. She hurts somewhere or everywhere but she still ask "how long am I going to have to use these pain patches?" I keep telling her forever. The last time she asked, I told her she could take it off and see how she felt. I'm guessing it wouldn't be good since she's still in pain on Fentanyl and taking oral meds for breakthrough pain. She keeps messing with her meds, she decides to stop taking one and then starts it again. She's driving me nuts! The past couple of days she's been having nose bleeds. She doesn't want to go see her doctor. She wants an ENT. Like that's going to happen in a day. Well, it could happen in a day. If you have a really bad bleed sometimes the ENT comes into the ER to see you. I got her Afrin and a nose clamp. Marjie sent me a picture of some over the counter stuff that stops bleeding. I thinks it the same stuff we use in the ER for avulsions. I went to Walgreens and got some. Her nose started bleeding again a few minutes ago and I could see where it was bleeding from so I put the powder on it. Hopefully that takes care of that for awhile. Today while I was washing her sheets she said "maybe I'll just lie in bed and bleed out." I told her she'd have to bleed more than she is bleeding now to accomplish that. I feel guilty for being so impatient then I spend some time doing clinical at nursing homes and think she'd hate life even more there. But dealing with this 24/7 is making me CRAZY! She really is looking frail and she's not eating much other than ice cream and cookies. Ah, life is short, eat desert first or when your old and dying  eat nothing but desert. It's funny her and Teresa (who lives in the basement sit around and try to out do each other with how bad they feel. Have at it you two!)


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors