Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Glasses

Sean got sent home with a little note from the school nurse that said his vision needed to be assessed by a doctor. Knock me over with a feather. We knew that was coming. The question I had for the eye doctor was "is his vision bad enough that he will see enough improvement that he feels motivated to wear glasses?" I don't want to have to nag him to wear glasses.  He said he didn't know and then proceeded to try and sell us $350 glasses.

I decided to go online to a website Catherine told me about where you can get glasses starting at 6.95. I figured it was worth some cheap glasses to see if he would actually wear them. All well and good except you can only try the glasses on virtually. You upload a picture and then try the glasses on the face. The only problem is there is no measurement of the head to correspond to the size of the glasses.  I order children's in a size medium and they are way to big. I re ordered some small frames, hopefully they will fit better. When he wears these too big glasses to school the teachers are going to feel sorry for the poor little boy whose parents can't buy him glasses that fit. These are the better fitting of the two pair I ordered and they look like safety glasses. Still, he looks cute!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors