Sunday, November 10, 2013

Work

I finished up seven weeks of clinical with RN students from Eaglegate.  It's a change of pace to spend time teaching RN's as I spend the vast majority of my time teaching aides. I always do clinical at the same facility so I know the residents.

I was in the memory care unit (aka Alzheimer's) a lady was standing in the hall. I stopped in front of her. She looked down, looked up at me, looked down again, back up and said "I'm not wearing any clothes." I said "you are right." She asked "will you help me?" I took her back in her room and helped her get dressed. She had her shoes on. It reminded me of a dream I've had many times where I show up at school or somewhere not wearing any clothes.

I had another resident throw a shoe at me as I helped a student give her a flu shot. I told her it was a good thing I wasn't from Afghanistan. They had a birthday party for a resident who turned 100. She still plays the piano every day. Very cute lady.

I enjoy my seven week stints with the college but am equally happy when they are over. Getting up at 5 a.m. is not one of my favorite things.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors