Sunday, February 9, 2014

Mom's broken arm

While I was getting Sean ready for his program mom called and said she fell. Don and I went downstairs and she was lying on her back on the floor in front of her TV. The positive side of her losing so much weight is it's pretty easy to haul her butt up off the floor. We got her up and back to bed. Her arm was hurting. I was pretty sure it was broken. There was no deformity. My certainty was based purely on the fact that when she falls all the way down she usually breaks something. I had to get Sean to the program so I told mom I would call Brad and have him come take her to the hospital. She said she didn't want Brad to take her to the hospital she would wait until I got home so I could take her. Seriously, give me a break. I put an ace wrap on her and went to the program. Anyway by the time we got home she was too tired to go to the hospital. I gave her pain pills and she went to bed. I took her to the ER first thing Saturday morning. I have to call the orthopedic office tomorrow for an appointment to have it casted.

Saturday was really a struggle getting her up and down. She's moving a little better today. Having the hard splint helps because she can use the left arm for balance without causing a lot of pain. Our biggest challenge today was getting her showered.I had a major deja vue of showering dad. I wrapped her arm up in Target bags. It really wasn't that difficult but everything stresses her. I got her hair washed, her clothes changed and her bed made so at least she is clean and miserable. Her biggest complaint is being tired. That's not a new complaint though she's usually tired.

Next week is a challenge because I work every day all day except Friday. I texted Brad and Lynn and told them they needed to bring her lunch. Brad texted back immediately and said he would bring lunch on Monday and Wednesday. I texted Lynn and told him that left him or Wendy responsible for Thursday. I will text him again on Thursday and remind him. Don is working from home on Tuesday so he can fix her lunch. Home health is coming on Monday for an intake assessment. Hopefully she can get a home health aide for a week or two to come in and help her shower and change her sheets while I am at work. I made Chex Mix and banana bread so I can put those next to her bed to snack on.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors