Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Timpanogas Cave and Mother's Day

Sean made me some jewelry for mother's day.

Sean playing with the selfie stick.



Still more selfie stick.

We went to Timpanogas cave. I had never been. It's a 3 mile hike. The only problem is the 1.5 miles up are straight up. I know it's on a paved walk way but I am a wimp and it near about did me in. I swear old ladies with walkers and toddlers were passing me. Ultimately I made it. They plan for 90 minutes to give people time to get up the mountain for their cave tour. I made it in 75. Phoebe and Sean ran ahead and waited for us.







The cave was beautiful with all the stalactite's and stalagmites.  The story goes that a man discovered the cave looking for lumbar in the winter, in the snow. Hm, he didn't have a paved walkway so how he found his wave up that mountain to the caves is beyond me. I'd of made a really crappy pioneer. They would have left me in the snow.





The trip down was much easier than the trip up. (thank goodness!)





No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors