Saturday, July 2, 2016

Condo camping

Condo camping is definitely more comfortable then tent camping. We came up late Thursday. I got off work at 5:30 and the girls came over around 7. I thought about waiting until Friday morning to come up but the cabinet guys had been painting and the smell was really bad. We got in about 10. The kids bounced off the walls for awhile before falling asleep. Initially they were all set up to sleep on the bunk beds but Sean got scared. He started to cry and said "I miss my house." Seriously, we take that kid all over the world and we drive 30 minutes away and he's with his sisters and he misses his house. I think the difference is when we travel he's always in the same room as us. We compromised and they all slept on the futon in the living room.

In the morning while Don was working we went to the pool

We had pizza at Eats of Eden.

The wind was pretty high in the afternoon so we decided to hold off on taking the boat out so we just played in the lake.

And the kids built sand castles.
This is the last picture I took before my cell phone died from over exposure to water. I've had that phone in the water for a lot longer but I got a bad feeling about it. I took it out of my pocket and set it on the blanket but it was too late. I  don't know how I knew it must have vibrated or something. I guess the seals to keep the water out got old. Today we had to drive to Ogden so I could get a new phone. Sean was so excited because he's been wanting me to get a Galaxy S7 so he could have my 5. I told him my 5 was broken so he didn't get anything out of this deal. Maybe the games he plays will be faster or better on the 7.

On Saturday we took the boat out. The kids make me laugh, Brie is a dare devil, Kylie is kind of timid and Sean is plain scared. Kylie signals it's OK, Sean signals to stop and Brie either holds both hands up in the air or pretends she's asleep. After Sean and Kylie got off Don took Brie out alone and drove fast until she fell off. Brie was having a great time and Kylie said "I can't even watch!"

Sean woke up with a cold this morning. One more reason to be glad we are in a condo and not camping on a river bank in the middle of nowhere.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors