Sunday, October 25, 2020

Fast weekend

I've seen this poem or story posted a couple times on Facebook and it is so true. The weekend starts and in what seems like 12 hours later it is over.

Barely the day started and... it's already six in the evening.
Barely arrived on Monday and it's already Friday.
... and the month is already over.
... and the year is almost over.
... and already 40, 50 or 60 years of our lives have passed.
... and we realize that we lost our parents, friends.
and we realize it's too late to go back...
So... Let's try, despite everything, to enjoy the remaining time...
Let's keep looking for activities that we like...
Let's put some color in our grey...
Let's smile at the little things in life that put balm in our hearts.
And despite everything, we must continue to enjoy with serenity this time we have left. Let's try to eliminate the afters...
I'm doing it after...
I'll say after...
I'll think about it after...
We leave everything for later like ′′ after ′′ is ours.
Because what we don't understand is that:
Afterwards, the coffee gets cold...
afterwards, priorities change...
Afterwards, the charm is broken...
afterwards, health passes...
Afterwards, the kids grow up...
Afterwards parents get old...
Afterwards, promises are forgotten...
afterwards, the day becomes the night...
afterwards life ends...
And then it's often too late....
So... Let's leave nothing for later...
Because still waiting see you later, we can lose the best moments,
the best experiences,
best friends,
the best family...
The day is today... The moment is now...
We are no longer at the age where we can afford to postpone what needs to be done right away

Khloe got brave last night and started holding sand crabs. It was an active crab night after the rain. We had some big ones run right next to us.

Khloe read me a library book about a rooster, an iguana, a pig and a turtle make a strawberry shortcake. It was called Cock a doodle doo. It was cute and Khloe loved reading it. At the end it had a recipe
for strawberry shortcake. I took a picture of the recipe so we could make it. Khloe made me laugh when she made me pinkie promise that we would carve pumpkins. Seriously, when do I not do what I tell her I'm going to do. She can be a very serious 7 year old.

They had a good time making it and eating it.



Trying to make sure the girls have adequate sunscreen so they don't go home with any red spots. I swear if I could dip them in a vat of it I would.

On to pumpkin carving. The pumpkins were really awful. The "Big Pig" only had huge ones which in retrospect I should have bought. The first Walmart I went to in Tallahassee didn't have any pumpkins. I asked the girl "where are your pumpkins?" She pointed at a big box and said "there." I said "no those are watermelons." She laughed and said "they used to be pumpkins." I don't think pumpkins grow in Florida so they aren't everywhere like they are in Utah. We found pie pumpkins at the Crawfordville Walmart. Most of them in the box were rotten. The ones we got were hard as rocks so the girls ended up painting them as they were impossible to carve.





 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors