Sunday, October 25, 2020

The View

 I've seen on Facebook and online weather that the temperature is 15 degree's in Centerville tonight, the wind is 50 mph and it's snowing. We go home on Tuesday so I need to emotionally prepare for that. The weather here is....perfect. It rained hard for about two hours last night. There was a beautiful double rainbow over the ocean. I think we are the only ones in the complex who missed it. We did enjoy watching the rain.



I missed the rainbow but almost stepped on a snake on the boardwalk. It was as long as the cross side of the boardwalk and I almost stepped on it. I didn't see it until it started to move and I was almost on it. I got a picture of it's tail. The last time we were here there was a baby whipsnake on our deck. 

The storm coming in.

Vally checking out the view from our hammock.

Gorgeous sunsets.

I will fully admit I don't miss home when I'm here. We've got things to do next week, the most important of which is vote. We need to go home and cast our ballots. If it was any other election I might be willing to skip but not this year. Utah's COVID cases are record high this week and the positivity rate today was over 20%. That is crazy. I really don't even want to be there. I feel safer on our little island where we don't go anywhere. The ICU's are getting full and the staff is overwhelmed. People don't seem to understand that the number of ICU beds does not equal the number of staff. All this depressing ranting after this beautiful picture. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors