Friday, May 28, 2021

And he's off

I was really honored to be asked to be one of two people who went to tell Wesley he was being adopted. When we told him it was Joy he said "that's perfect." He started to get really stressed after we told him and said "I want to go with her" as in me. We went to the aquarium at the mall and then out to eat so he had some time to process.


Joy came and I picked her up at the airport. She stayed with us until the night before she left when she had Wesley. The last night she spent at her old youth pastor from Chicago's house. This poem was written last week which shows we never resolved his food insecurity.
Joy getting her mom on.
They are in Maryland and according to my daily reports from Joy are doing great. I've talked to Wesley a couple times as well and he says he is happy. He said "you can't make me go back to Utah."


 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors