Monday, July 19, 2021

Grand Junction

I had been wanting to go to Grand Junction to see Alex and Misty for awhile. Sean had been saying he wanted to go camping. He was going to go on a backpacking overnight trip with the church but it was a 40 mile hike up to Kings Point and we thought that was not the best first hike for him. I decided we would go camping in Grand Junction and combine the two activities. Well it was 106 degree's. Sean said "I never said I wanted to go camping." Seriously boy, are you kidding me.  We got the campground and it was so hot and windy, tents were blowing around. We cancelled our reservation and went to a hotel.

Actually, it was more a motel then a hotel. I said, we are supposed to be camping we aren't staying anywhere nice! It had air conditioning, water, a toilet and a shower. It was pretty nice when I thought we could be in a blowing tent in the heat.

It had a bunch of picnic tables around the motel so we made S'mores and burned some Jiffy Pop Popcorn. We took Alex and Misty to dinner and then they came back to the motel.


It didn't go exactly as I planned but we had a fun little trip and a good visit.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors