Monday, July 19, 2021

Milla's back

Milla's back. Her return happened so quickly that I'm still kind of in shock. The week before Mao Yu left they hadn't hired replacement teachers. I told Milla and she applied. I think it was the day Mao Yu left that Milla interviewed via skype with the Stewart. I told her if she got the job to just send me an email with her flight information. Less than two weeks ago she sent an email with her flight info and last Tuesday we picked her up at the airport. First thing Wednesday we went to the pharmacy to get her first COVID vaccine.

Sean is taking two summer classes, just to get ahead. One is PE. The first summer term of PE was easy because we were at the beach most of it and Sean did a lot of physical activity. With the temperature about 100 it is hard to do anything outdoors. I'm on day 250 of not missing a day of walking at least 5 miles but I do my walking before 8 a.m. Sunday we all got up at 6:30 and walked up Parrish Canyon to the pictographs.


It was a nice hike but I had terrible shoes on to be climbing up a cliff. Nate kept asking "how many people have died on this trail?" I kept saying "none that I've heard of." Seriously, I was trying to keep from falling off a cliff. I know there's been a lot of rescues up there. Finally I told Nate we might be the first. I was glad we made it up and down without incident. Milla and I both slid down the two really steep parts on our butts! We were filthy.

By 8:30 we were home having breakfast.

 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors