Friday, January 2, 2009

bedbugs or frostbite


I worked at the clinic today. I took care of a guy with really bad frostbite. He might lose his big toes. They were black and he'd pulled the toenails off. I asked him when he got the frostbite and he said the really cold night after Christmas which would have been last Friday. I asked him why he didn't go to the shelter and he said because the bedbugs there were really bad. That left me thinking if I had to choose which would it be, bedbugs or frostbite? Yikes, what a choice. I spend 20 minutes trying to choose between 800 count and 1000 count sheets. I feel really guilty at night sleeping on my 800 count sheets when there are people sleeping in the streets (or on the Jordan River bed) because they don't want bedbugs:(

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors