Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The babysitters hot!

I needed a neighborhood babysitter for Sean. I had to work, AJ is in St George and David had a hockey game in SLC. Sean likes hockey but not being at the rink for three hours. I went over to a neighbor and got some names of 12-13 year old kids in the neighborhood. I got the low down on who is best from Ellie who is 4 and Madison who is 6. They told me to call a girl named Kira who they said just turned 12 and is really good. I called Kira and arranged for her to tend. Don told David we were getting a neighborhood girl to babysit and he said "I hope she's hot." I said, "I doubt she's hot, she's 12." When it was time for me to go Sean and I opened the door and there stood Kira. My first thought was "she's hot." My second thought was, "she sure doesn't look 12." I brought her in and introduced her to Sean. I asked her if she went to Centerville Jr and she said yes. I took her in to the game room where David was lying on the couch playing games. (His hair was not in place and he was not slathered in cologne.) I said "David, do you know Kira?" He looked up and said yes, Kira said yes. Then David starts repeatedly running his hand through his hair... I asked Kira how old she and she said 15. I wish I had a picture of the look on David's face when he saw Kira. Kira was pretty surprised to see him too. The entire exchange made me laugh. I guess she was a good baby sitter because Grandma said Sean never cried or got grumpy. Moral of the story: don't ask a four year old how old the babysitter is.
BTW: David won his hockey game 1:2.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors