Thursday, June 11, 2009

Discovery Ghetto!

The past few weeks I've been taking Sean and his sisters to Discovery Gateway on Fridays. This week Jenny had a bigger need. The need for laundry. She wanted to bring her laundry to my house but I didn't want to pick her up, spend all day doing laundry and then drive her home. I was feeling particularly helpful so I told her I would take her to the laundromat and she could do ALL her laundry. I figured I would take my comforters too and we could do it all in a couple of hours then go to lunch. What the heck, I thought why not invite Steph and do her laundry too. It will be a party.



I had no idea that the laundromat could be so much fun. I am not joking when I say the kids had as much fun as the do at Discovery Gateway. The kids raced carts, stuck their heads in the dryers and in general were pretty darn funny! Thank goodness the first 45 minutes we were there it was empty. Unfortunately it got busy but not until after the kids had their run of the place.


I don't know what was so fascinating inside those washers but by golly they all had to check it out, over and over.


That's the back end of Brie. I think she was looking for lonely socks.Nate was still asleep when we left for the laundry and Steph had done her laundry the night before. Nate woke up so Steph decided to bring him to the laundromat even if she wasn't doing laundry. That girl knows a good time when she hears about it.

And of course Nate had to check out the washer too. Nate thought he was such a big boy.
Stats: We did ten loads of laundry and were done in 90 minutes. Pretty cool.
We had lunch at Training table. Steph had never been there before, never had the cheese fries. Poor sad Steph what a deprived life she has led.
Took Steph to the doctor afterwards. You'd have to ask her what for.
And that's my world in a minute.

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Wow, what a fun afternoon. Good idea on the laundramat though, 10 loads of laundry would have taken a long time at your house. I'm glad you introduced Steph to the finer things in life (cheese fries) and Training Tables are just about as good as they come (only to be compared to Lone Star).

Stephanie-jean Life:SemiCrunchy said...

LOL... I think that Leatherby's fries are better... but I am fan of their fry sauce!

Sharon said...

Hey, Carol, I can relate to your fun laundromat experience. For a few years my weekly social event was to visit the laundromat in Sullivan and chat wtih the folks that had the same routine. I sort of miss that - but am definitely grateful to Dave's wife, Linda, for arranging to get me a used washer and dryer from a friend who was moving.

Today was ANOTHER rainy day. My strawberries are rotting because they are sitting in water. Fortunately, the raspberries are beginning to get ripe so they satisfy my berry-fix. I have the bad habit of putting-off taking the puppy outside to the bathroom when it is raining so I have had some puddles an piles to clean up. Sunshine will be a welcome change.

I learned the latest about Lovington's grocery store. The middle-east guy that was buying it reportedly packed up his belongings in a truck late one night. A neighbor that lived in the same apartment saw him and called one of the employees of the grocery store who had not been paid in two weeks. She called the other two employees and they all confronted the guy and insisted on getting paid. He wrote them checks and then took off for parts unknown. I haven't heard if the checks cleared or not. The old, retired grocer that sold the store to the middle-eastern guy is opening the store a few hours a day but so far is not restocking any items. If the grocery store dies, Lovington is in really bad shape.

I had lunch with Darci and her kids yesterday. She looks good and claims she feels okay. They are all going to Hawaii July 2 to spend ten days in Stason's cabin. Maybe you guys should take advantage of Cousin Stason's place in Hawaii. He seems quite willing to have visitors use it.

Dava is enjoying her newest foster kid and worried that Ghan is getting so attached to her that it will be painful to let her go. That is what happened with Alexis so they adopted her. I would still like to know how many of the "pro-life" radicals have been foster parents or have adopted kids. All of the should!!!

Keep having fun. Love, Sharon

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious, I especially love the title of you post! You are awesome--those kids are so lucky to have you in their lives!

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors