Saturday, June 6, 2009

Got Dirt?


Got dirt? We do, a whole driveway. If you need some come on by and pick it up. The area behind our new fence is now dug out and we are going to have a cement boat pad/basketball court poured in two weeks. AJ and David have been shuffling dirt around. Brad and Steve (Alex's friends dug it up.)
BTW: David's team won their hockey game this week 3-4. David now has hockey practice three nights a week until MIDNIGHT! Isn't that crazy? I guess you play hockey when you get the ice time.
Alika has less than 180 hours left until she is finished with beauty school. Hopefully, when she graduates she will get her brain back. She has locked her keys in the car three times this month. Silly teenage girl.


Sean's back. He spent the last two nights with his parents. He hasn't been away over night for over two months. I have to admit at night I felt short of breath had heart palpitations and kept hearing him cry when he wasn't here. I think I'm tough and that I'm not worried about losing him... maybe I'm not really so tough. I went in his room to sleep last night because Don was snoring but Sean wasn't in his room of course because he was at his parents so I pulled his blanket out of his crib then laid in the bed and cried. I decided that was ridiculous lying there smelling his blanket and crying so I went back to my bed and kicked Don to make him quit snoring. Sean's back in his crib sleeping now so I should sleep better tonight!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that made me cry. I'm glad Sean's back.

Stephanie-jean Life:SemiCrunchy said...

Maybe you should make Jenny an offer...

Jaclyn said...

I'm surprised they kept him for two consecutive nights. I can't imagine how hard that must have been on you, you've raised that little angel. Glad you got him back. I hope one day soon you can make it for good.

Sharon said...

Hi Carol,

It sounds like there has been some major work done in your yard. I will try to make it out to Utah to see it one of these days. However, right now, I am thoroughly enjoying Illinios's spring and the strawberries. I picked the first raspberry today and the tomatoes are blooming. It sounds like the appeal is food, huh? Actually this has been a very pretty spring. My gait is still not normal and my leg still hurts some when I put weight on it if it is straight, but it is much better. I suspect that I have bone spurs on the knee cap and probably tore some tissue when I worked three days in a row. I can still mow and dig and trim - and eat, so life goes no.

Hey, I worry a little about you and Sean. It will be traumatic for both of you if you lose him for some reason. Tony was my first foster child - a three year old black retarded kid with Hunter's Syndrome. When he was adopted I thought I was okay with it. But a couple of weeks later a serious depression hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I knew it was a stupid reaction, but I couldn't help it. I don't know how Dava handles so many kids coming and going. I am stressed about Elizabeth's limbo-situation and she is not even that close. Do you know anyone in the foster care or family court system that would contact you if for some reason Sean was taken away from his parents during an overnight? Dava says the Kansas system is sensative to the kids' needs and will make arrangements and waivers in order to keep them in a stable home where they have been before if possible. It would be really sad if Sean would get into the system and be placed with someone else and you didn't know about it.

Gee, that sounds like I have judged Sean's parents as inappropriate to have him back. That is unfair and unkind. But, I do hope things don't get too stressful for you and too traumatic for Sean.

Please tell Alika that I am proud of her for completing beauty school. I know she has a birthday this month and will send her a card. Time flies. I still think of her as a cute baby :o)

Have a fun summer.

Love

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors