Thursday, September 3, 2009

What's new in Lindsay town

We had lots of visitors this week. On Saturday my cousin Marian and her husband Michael spent the night with us. It was Marian's first visit to Utah. Michael was here on business so she came for the adventure. They went to The Spoken Word and did all the Salt Lake city "stuff." I hadn't seen Marian since my Dad's funeral almost ten years ago so it was lots of fun. My cousin John (Marian's little brother) was in town too. He's looking for a job in Utah. He came for dinner so we were able to visit with him as well. He is hoping to move his wife and two daughters to Utah soon. I guess he heard about our Easter egg hunts and Ginger Bread House parties and knows that this is the place. His wife Julie actually grew up in Bountiful and his father-in-law lives in Heber.

On Sunday Daisy came to visit. Daisy was our exchange student from Brazil my senior year in High School. Six years ago during Alex's senior year Daisy's son Rogerio came and lived with us. We are a two generation exchange student family. It was great to see Daisy after all these years. Her husband was in the US for a conference and she came for a belated 25th wedding anniversary celebration. It's been 30 years since Daisy and I were seniors. I don't know how that can be when I am only 30 years old. Daisy left on Wednesday to meet her husband in NYCOkay, so I look at the 1979 picture versus the 2009 picture and I think, DANG it really has been 30 years! We don't feel like we are almost 50.

Nate came and played with Sean on Saturday while his parents moved. Don was cleaning the garage and they were playing in the dirty, dusty garage while they ate Popsicles. They were all kinds of layers of yucky so I gave them simultaneous sink baths. They were pretty darn cute.




Funny clinic story for the week
I called the House of Hope to schedule an appointment to talk to women about birth control. House of Hope is a live-in facility for drug addicted and alcoholic women with children. A man answered the phone and I said "this is Carol from the 4th street clinic and I want to schedule an appointment to come talk to your women about birth control." The man says "LADY, this is Zipper Asphalt." I said "Oh, so you don't care about birth control." He said, "LADY no one in Utah cares about birth control!" I asked "what is the name of your company again?" He said "Zipper Asphalt" I said "well tell all the men to keep it zipped and then I won't have to go out and talk to people about birth control." He said "good one" and we laughed and hung up. Sounds like a prank call but it really was a wrong number.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that made me laugh so hard, that's hilarious. Holland keeps asking me why I'm laughing--I'm not sure how to explain it to a 3 yr old! So I just said, "Carol's funny!" She said, "yeah, so is Sean." Cute. I love that she knows you guys go together!

Anonymous said...

Carol, you are amazing, your Mom has always shared you as a wonderful blessing to your family. Wish we had been closer to get to know each other better. God bless Susan

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors