Saturday, February 20, 2010

Wedding Reception

Don and I went to Steve Christensen (Alex's best friend from H.S. days) and Mia's wedding reception this evening. I had just gotten off work and we had a quick family dinner thanks to grandma cooking. I put on a jean skirt to go to the reception. (That's as dressy as I get these days.) Don had on a dress shirt and jeans. As we were leaving the reception an older gentleman in a suit held the door for us. I wish we'd had a camera for the look he gave us. He looked at Don in his jeans up then down. He didn't say a word but you could tell he didn't approve. After the door shut, I asked Don "do you know who that was?" "Mr Mac" he said. Yep, the Utah King of suits "no one buys the way we buy, no one sells the way we sell" was sizing Don up for a suit or maybe just shaking his head in disdain, not sure.

4 comments:

Jori said...

Oh My Gosh...I can just see this one. Wait .....for it.......there may be a new commercial based on this story.

Trina said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog. You are so right about hanging on to the good times. All too quickly, they can be gone.

Love the story about the suit man. LOL Yeah...I can see where that could turn into a commercial.

Adoption of Jane said...

HAHAHA! He should've gave your husband a new suit or lowered his eyebrows!

Anonymous said...

Good morning! Thanks for visting me! I need me a cruise!

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors