Monday, September 6, 2010

A Second Visit in Four Months

Ryan had his second visit with Sean since he lost custody of the girls at the beginning of May. He texted last week and wanted to see Sean on Tuesday but Sean was booked. He texted again Thursday and asked when he could see him. I told him we’d meet him at Liberty Park on Sunday at 11. At 10:30 on Saturday he started texting me with questions, “are we still on?” “I will call you on Sunday at 10:30.” It annoyed me, dude there’s nothing to talk about, just show up at the park as scheduled.


We went to the park and Ryan was there. He’d ridden over on his skate board. Sean was a little shy at first but went to play with him. Don and I brought a blanket to hang out on the grass so they could spend some time alone. Ryan showed Sean his new tattoo. I thought that was a nice touch, just a little sign that he has extra cash to burn!
At one point I had visions of Ryan abducting Sean. I told Don and then we both laughed. Picture the Amber Alert, Child abduction. Two year old in red DC shirt, white DC tennis shoes and jean shorts abducted by non custodial parent wearing a hat, jeans, grey t-shirt and new tattoo on left forearm, last seen riding a skate board down 4th south. Then they would show Ryan’s last mug shot along with his father’s. The good news is the media would have pounced on it. But without abduction or drama after 90 minutes Ryan was done and Sean was ready to eat. As I watched Ryan skate off down the street I couldn’t help but reflect on how pitiful his life is.

The only really annoying part was about 15 minutes later Ryan called and said he had a great time “hanging out” with Sean and could he do it every Sunday. I said I was working the next two Sundays and to call me later to schedule another visit. I am not planning my life around him. I have to take Sean somewhere Ryan can walk to because he has no transportation other then a skate board or money. I had a brief anxiety attack that he was going to take us to court and sue to get custody of Sean. Don said please his girls are in state custody and I mellowed out.


Ironically Jenny called me while we were at the park with Ryan. She said “whatcha doin?” I said “we are at the park letting Ryan visit Sean.” Her voice totally changed and she said “how did that happen.” I could tell she really hasn’t been talking to him. That is a positive in her life, maybe she really is going to move on. Jenny got a job working as a telemarketer for a window company. That girl is gifted when it comes to getting jobs just not so gifted at keeping them. She is in trouble with DCFS for not getting drug screens. She thinks it's stupid that she has to get them for her parole officer and DCFS. I told her to just keep her mouth shut and follow the rules. She's never been very good at following the rules either.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors