Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Kylie and Brie

We had a birthday party for Brie and Kylie today in one of the DCFS playrooms. It was hard to explain to Sean where we were going but it was fun. I remembered last year on Kylie's birthday Jenny took her to the jail to visit Ryan. What a life those girls have had.

The girls look great and are very happy. Kylie stood on a chair and sang us a song, "Happy Halloween and Christmas. There was a spider on my wall. Twinkle, twinkle little star...." It was cute and very creative. Brie had a birthday cookout yesterday with her foster family and got new clothes and a purple basketball.  Sean was very happy to see his sisters and they hugged him! We made necklaces with their names and ages. We sang happy birthday to everyone including Jenny because she didn't get to celebrate her birthday. The candles in the zingers was a little sad but was the best I could do under the circumstances.

Sean was tearful when we got in the car to leave. He wanted to keep playing with his sisters. He was mad at Jenny and wouldn't say bye to her which hurt her feelings. He said he wanted to go home. I pulled into the parking lot of school and he started crying saying he didn't want to go to school he wanted to go home. I said OK and started driving home but then he changed his mind and wanted to go to school. When we got to school the kids had just finished finger painting and were outside playing. Sean and I finger painted and then he was off to play.

I'm supervising some visits at DCFS now, this was the first one. Don felt like I am working against the foster family by supervising the visits. I look at it as giving Sean a chance to see his sisters and having it be Jenny's weekly visit with him so I don't have to worry about it the rest of the week. She has been working pretty hard to do what she is supposed to do to get the girls back. She has said a few strange things to me lately that I think are not the truth but she has had a job for three weeks now.

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

So glad to hear that the girls are doing well. You're an incredible person and I'm glad Jenny's children are prospering. So sorry about your sister in law. I hope her family is doing as well as they can.

Anonymous said...

When I saw that picture, I just about started crying. I'm not sure why--I think it was seeing both the girls and Jenny. Is it weird that I miss her too, and not just the girls? What's wrong with me?

I think that's nice of you to do the visits--"Mother Carol" to the rescue, as usual. :) No, I totally get why you're doing it and think its good. Good luck with it all.

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors