Tuesday, October 5, 2010

so long farewell avida say goodbye


This is my surgeon Steve Lash. He is also my friend. I would choose to deliver a baby with him over any other obstetrician in the world. We have done some great deliveries together. After I got the ultrasound of my ovary (ordered by my F.P. who still hasn't gotten back with me) I knew there was something wrong the Ultrasound tech kept taking measurements and asking me how long I had been in pain. I called Steve's office and told his receptionist to tell him Carol Lindsay was sure she was going to die of ovarian cancer in the next three hours and I needed to see him ASAP. He saw me within 50 minutes. Personally, I think he should have come to my house but he did have other patients that day. He ran a CA125 and FSH and made me feel so much better.  This was on Thursday and he scheduled the surgery for Monday. He called me at home on Sunday to tell me the CA125 was normal! That was good news. It was all strange the ultrasound said it was my right ovary that had the problem but the problem was on the left side. When he did the surgery he found that my enlarged ovary had flopped over where my uterus had been removed so nothing was really where it was supposed to be.

This is my ovary. See that funny tendon/string/adhesion thing on the bottom right. The doctor can't figure out what it was. I hope it was attached to my sciatic nerve and that's why I've been miserable for nine months. Now only my left side hurts where they removed the offending ovary. The little ovary is the normal one. I hope he didn't really make it angry by pinching it with those scissors!


The big golf ball one was the one he removed. Yes. I'm menopausal as stated by me but now confirmed by lab test. But Steve really thought it was best to leave the healthy ovary in place and I trust his judgement. (or maybe he just wants to go back later for the other one. Darn Mother Macey for leaving that left ovary!) Maybe my menopause can still be slower than one that is surgically induced. Oh wait I've been menopausal for months!!!


This is me laying in the recovery room trying to smile as my BFF Charity takes my picture.


This is me after I got up to go to the bathroom and passed out. My sister Jori is holding the barf bucket. Her years of nursing have trained her well. She flew all the way from N.C. to be with me for my surgery. It was a relief having her here.

I don't know what Don is texting. Maybe something like "My wife looks like crap."




I like all the posing with the unconscious person.
My older sister looking much younger than me!
That's right nurse give that unconscious woman some IV fluids.
This of course has nothing to do with surgery but he's just so dang cute I had to post it.
Dr. Lash called me this afternoon to tell me that the golf ball was benign! Now I will have to be paranoid about something else. Hmm, so many things to worry about, where to begin?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear you're not dying of ovarian cancer--yay!! You sound like me, though--I was convinced a spot on my leg was melanoma, but thankfully its not.

Hope your recovery goes quickly!

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors