Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A morning at the zoo

 Since Don works for the VA he had Monday off for Columbus day. First thing Monday morning he said, "let's go to the zoo." My first thought was "you can't be serious" followed by "what the heck, why not?" I asked Sean if he wanted to go to the zoo and he said "I LOVE THE ZOO!" which is pretty funny because he hasn't been there since he was nine months old. I told him we would see elephants and giraffes and he could barely contain himself. So off to the zoo we went. He liked baby Zuri the elephant.
 It appears Sean weighs as much as a baby rhino.
 This picture does not show how awesome this encounter with the tiger was. There were three 16 month old "baby" tigers each weighing about 300 pounds. They had cleaned out the tiger pool and were filling it up. The tigers love the water about half way full and were playing like... well, like tigers. The only thing between us and the tigers was the glass. Sean was standing up against the glass and I was sitting on the floor next to him. The tiger climbed on top of a little hill, looked straight at Sean and then jumped into the glass KABOOM! It scared the pants off of us. Then the tiger grabbed a ball and started playing with it. The tiger was pressed up against the wall and we were touching it through the glass. It was ultra cool. I have never been a zoo person but that was an intense zoo experience. Sean didn't want to leave we sat there for twenty or thirty minutes and watched these tigers romp. Every time they would jump into the glass we would jump. I know those tigers wanted to eat us!

 The giraffes were tall, (go figure) but not as much fun as the tigers. All they did was lick the building and that pole. BORING! I don't think the giraffes had any desire to eat us, lick us maybe.
 Sean liked riding "Thomas the Train" he kept asking where we were going. He was disappointed when we didn't really go anywhere except around the zoo. He wanted a more exciting destination.
To make the zoo visit complete we went up the canyon to Ruth's diner for lunch. It was a fun morning and when I woke up on Tuesday for the first time since surgery I felt normal. Yippee!! I even went to 4th street for IUD clinic. After two years at the clinic I got a name tag. I guess that means I'm somebody!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors