Thursday, October 14, 2010

Up to no good

Supervised my second visit at DCFS yesterday. The girls were great, they were happy and smelled soooo good! We did a little craft project. We made hand print wreaths out of plastic plates, foam, glitter glue and pom poms. The kids had a blast. Jenny said "I didn't know you could do stuff like this?" WHAT does that mean? After we were done with the craft the kids were drawing on a white board. Kylie drew a picture and said "that's my daddy and he's mad." "Nice" I said to Jenny. Jenny asked "why is he mad?" Kylie said "he's mad at Brie." "Nice, to bad Clarice (the social worker) isn't here for that little exchange." Jenny said "draw daddy happy" and that was the end of that conversation.

Jenny told me she is still working but her hours have changed to 4 to 8. I don't believe she has a job. She asked me to write a reference letter for a job at a home for autistic adults. There is no way she would ever pass that background check. I have just ignored her request. Ryan has had a job at a warehouse for a couple of weeks now which is amazing. I asked Jenny about her car and she told me she had been in a wreck but it was the other persons fault and the insurance company was going to give her $2000. Right, the car is worth $500. She said she didn't get a ticket. I can't imagine how she didn't get ticketed for driving without a license but time will tell. She then said "oh Ryan borrowed my car on Sunday because he didn't have any other way to see Sean." Hm, that's a shocker. She asked if the girls could talk to Ryan. What the heck call him. She told me the court said the could communicate in regards to the children. He talked to the girls. Sean didn't want to talk to him he was busy playing with his sisters.

Tammy emailed me this picture.
We went outside to play for about 15 minutes until Tammy came to get the girls. Jenny won't even look at Tammy except to literally glare. Apparently Tammy is the enemy. I guess because the girls are so happy.  When we were leaving I said "show me your car," and she said "it's down there." We started walking and the parking lot ended. "Where is it?" she said "it's over by the pancake house." "Why on earth did you park a block away?" she said "Ryan had a bike stolen at this parking lot." What the crap? She is such a pathological liar. She was hoping she could get away without me knowing she and Ryan were sharing a car but she had already "kind of" confessed.

I was irritated so I called Sabrina to vent. I am worried that those two are going to manage to get those girls back and ruin their chance at happy lives. She said "oh just let her enjoy her time it will be over before Christmas." I talked to Tammy later in the afternoon and she said that Jenny and Ryan had five months to give the state the name of a relative to place the girls with and two days before that deadline Jenny and Ryan both gave Clarice the name of out of state relatives who they say the girls have never met, that they want the girls to live with. As outrageous as it is the state has to follow up with these relatives and if they pass background checks and want the girls the state has to fly them out with a social worker to these unknown relatives. Unfreaking believable. Tammy said that could take months.

Last week Jenny's brother Tony called me and said he had met with the state and gone through a stack (he said over 20) checks for $850 that his name had been forged on. He said there were a bunch of other documents that had been forged as well. After talking to Tammy I was so upset I decided to email the state fraud investigator. He responded within 3 minutes. Here is our conversation:
 
Gxxx,

Tony Dye told me he met with you (or someone from WFS) last week and things were wrapping up. Any chance of an arrest before Halloween?


Hi Carole,

It was me who Tony met with. We had a very good conversation. Things are wrapping up definitely. With this agency we have 1 person who handles the cases that are going criminal. The cases that we elect to go criminal due to the criteria. This one is definitely going criminal. I did have it all put together, I did explain it to our person, he has sent it over to the District Attorneys office. So with any luck we'll get some notification back on this. As for a date, I don't know yet, but I'll try to find out.


Gxxx,

Thanks for the quick reply. I just live in fear that they are going to get their kids back from the foster family. The girls are so happy and clean and safe and loved in their new family. I just know if they go back the domestic violence will continue. I keep hoping, praying and dreaming that they get sentenced to a year (or are held up in jail for nine months waiting trial) and then they would lose custody……

In a perfect world Jenny and Ryan would change and be the parents those girls deserve.

Again thanks for the quick reply.

Carol
No Problem Carol, I have already sent off an E-mail to our Criminal person, and I hope to hear back soon as to where exactly we are at. When I personally took the case over to him, I did express that this case be put to the top of the list as there are children involved, and custody is at stake here. So I have pushed it pretty well, and will continue to do so. I also told Tony I would push it. I am completely on your side on this 100%.



I felt a little better after that and I reminded myself that things have changed in this case but the change has been slow and I just need to be patient and in time it will all work out. BUT, patience has never been one of my strong attributes. What I am REALLY good at is WORRYING!

So for all you followers of the girls saga that's our world in a minute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture of the girls made me cry. I'm so so happy they look so beautiful and happy, I just hope and pray they stay that way.

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors