Sunday, October 10, 2010

Midlife crisis and other stuff

Midlife crisis: Is it a true phenomenon or just a myth? If it is a true phenomenon I guess mine involved bringing Sean and the girls home almost three years ago. I didn't consider it a midlife crisis at the time I just saw it as a crisis. Come to think of it Sean is the midlife joy it's his biological family that is the crisis. The loss of my ovary has been a bit of a crisis. Not because I miss my ovary but because I am tired and it hurts! I expected to have as quick a recovery as I did when I lost my uterus. What is all this losing? I really didn't lose either of those body parts rather they were taken.

I digress, back to the topic at hand. My family has had some real whopper midlife crisis tales. There is my brother who after going through a divorce joined the circus. Yes, Ringling Brothers. If you are going to join the big top then you might as well join the BIG TOP! It was a relatively short stint at the circus, the tuberculosis lasted much longer than his employment.

I am sure my niece Jaclyn is reading this and saying WHAT are you talking about the Ringling Brothers for? What about the midlife circus my father made of my young adult years? (Don't worry Jaclyn I'm getting to it, the Big Top story is just more amusing) I have another brother who married one of his daughter's bridesmaids. Apparently the father of the bride was closer to the bridesmaid than the bride. My brother now has children younger than his grandchildren.

And lets not forget my ex brother in law who is now my ex sister in law. Up until two weeks ago he was the ugliest transgendered person I knew until I met one of my students Brian/Brandy. If there was a Miss Ugly Transgender America contest Brandy would win hands down! 

What you ask does all this have to do with me? Not a dang thing other than I am grateful for my husbands midlife crisis. It doesn't involve any of his children's friends, circus midgets, clowns, tuberculosis, additional children or my clothing, it involves AIRPLANES! Don is going to pilot school. He even flies a plane over our house while Sean and I lay on the ground and wave. We aren't always sure which plane he is flying so we wave to all the planes. We are in the path of the flight school so that's a lot of planes! Don is worried that he won't pass his flight physical because of his stroke. He's been to the doctor and is still waiting on some test. If he doesn't pass the physical then he will have to pick a new hobby.  


 There was an open house at the flight school this weekend and I dragged my one ovaried body out of bed to go see what Don has been up to. Sean thought the helicopter was cool. I thought it was the tiniest helicopter I've ever seen.

 This big yellow plane is used to spray mosquitos. As in abatement of mosquitos.
 Don really liked this plane. Once he gets his pilots license he wants to buy one. This little beauty is only $650,000. It seats four. Donations can me made to Don Lindsay midlife crisis fund.
 Sean thought it was awesome as well. He wants to start flying too.

 This plane is an older model, it seats four as well and has storage space behind the back seat and a cup holder! It only runs around $150,000.
 Sean liked the back seat of this plane. Very roomy! Fly me to Grandma Sharon's house right now!
 Look at that midlife grin. Doesn't it make you want to open your wallet and dig deep!
This picture is for Sharon. This is what I did with the corn we snuck away from the Illinois corn fields. When I went to put up the decorations I couldn't find the corn, I looked in the cupboards, under the cupboards, through the trash and at last I found it in the vegetable drawer of my fridge, placed there by the housekeeper who puts everything she can't find a place for in the fridge.

Miscellaneous notes: Ryan drove to Centerville to see Sean today, they are playing at the park. Third visit since the DCFS fiasco began. He drove a gold Toyota. Jenny says she got a new car I will be interested to see if it is gold Toyota.

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

I think I may have just wet my pants a little from laughing so hard. Your family is NUTS. We could right a story on your family (all of us included) and it would be a NYTimes best seller.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well yet. I do hope that the surgery helps with the siatica, I know how painful that can be. And thanks for all the pictures of your insides, I feel like I know you a little better now that I've seen your guts.

I would loan you the money for the airplane but I just blew it all on my new 3.5 million dollar house in Huntsville so I can be your neighbor. If I find more cash laying around I'll send it to Don.

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors