Sunday, July 24, 2011

The weeks adventures

 We really didn't have any big adventures this week. Sean wanted to do a craft so we put school glue and water in a spray bottle and stain glassed his bedroom window with tissue paper.

 It was a fun project and looks cool. You can see the colors of Sean's window from the off ramp on the highway. It made me laugh. I don't know how fun it will be when it comes time to take it down.
 Sean is a clothes horse. He loves shirts, shoes, underwear.... There is some drama in regards to shirts because he has to look at every shirt before deciding which one he will wear and even then he is indecisive. It can be a long process as he has lots of shirts. Add to that he might want to change shirts though out the day and it's a lot of closet time. I hang all his shirts and the closet bar is to high for him to reach. If I put them in a drawer then he would have to pull every shirt out of the drawer to decide what to wear. Don got a new bar and put it down low where Sean could reach it. He was so happy. It is funny how such a little thing can bring a little boy so much joy. He hung up all his shirts and just sifted through them. He then changed shirts about a dozen times hanging up the one he had just taken off all because he can. He has to pull out all his underwear and look at them before he decides which to wear but they are easy to get to.
 Hanging up his shirts. Yes, Don drilled a hole in that lovely rubber maid dresser to set the bar. Such disregard for fine furniture. I'm thinking Sean and I might have to craft those drawers up!
 We got Sean's new headboard last week. He loves that because he can keep so many books at close reach. Last week I read him "I will love you forever." I cried while I was reading it and Sean said "When you get old and little I will carry you." That made me cry even harder. When my dad was dying he was having seizures and I was worried he would fall off the bed so I told the aide I wanted to put the mattress on the floor. She asked "what will we do with your dad while we move the mattress" and I said "I will hold him." My dad was so little I was able to hold him in my arms while she moved the mattress it was one of those moments in time that will stay with me forever.
We also got a new bed frame for Sean. It has four big drawers under it for him to keep his toys in. All and all Sean has a pretty awesome room now.

Other stuff:
I have been teaching maternity and pediatric nursing at Eagle gate college this summer. It's been fun. I have learned some new things and it actually requires a Masters in Nursing so I feel like I am putting that degree to use. They asked me to teach another class in the fall. I was considering it then I got offered a weekly column at the Salt Lake Tribune. I decided I'd rather write for the paper because it is something different. I am covering Davis county school district so it is non-nursing writing. Kind of a fun change.

I have been coupon shopping and price matching for a couple of months. Today I saved so much money that I had to get an over-ride and congratulations from the manager. The cashier said I needed to buy him lunch, he was sweating. A lady got behind me with less than 20 items. The store wasn't that crowded. I told her she really didn't want to get behind me because I was price matching everything in the cart and using coupons. She said "no I just want to watch." How strange is that. It was a fun shopping excursion. Ah, the things that I find fun. I do not like to shop for clothes but I do love to shop for groceries.

1 comment:

Stephanie-jean Life:SemiCrunchy said...

Looks like a fun craft. Sean is a lucky little boy to have such a great mommy :)

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors