Monday, June 17, 2013

Cute kids and ceiling fans

We are keeping Don busy this summer. Sean is always hot. I have a fan in his room but thought he might like a ceiling fan. He was excited. Don found a fancy one at Home Depot with planets on it.
Not related to planets but rather North America. Sean was taking a bath tonight and he pointed out that the suds in the bath tub were in the shape of the United States. He was correct!

I've been wanting to made a video of Sean reading. I made one tonight but I had just given him albuterol so he is wired and quite distracted. He's had a cold this week and it has really aggravated his asthma.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tbSxeU2_uUI
I had forgotten how fascinating it is to watch a child learn to read. It's like watching them learn to talk. How does it happen? Sean is reading things he sees on television or at the store so he knows how to use the skill of reading in every day life. I remember when Carter learned to read and I was just amazed. How does the brain assimilate letters into words? Fascinating. I used to read with the kids in Carter's special ed class. There was a little girl named Cathy who couldn't read. I would try to get her to read words like stop and go. She couldn't do it. It was like that part of her brain did not function. I wonder if she ever learned to read.

Sean also learned to ride his bike without training wheels. Now if we could teach him to tie his shoes and  stay dry at night we'd be set for kindergarten in the fall. When I took him to the doctor for his kindergarten physical the doctor asked if I wanted him to do test to determine why he wasn't staying dry at night. Hm, NO! He's not dry because he's wet! Eventually, he will quit wetting the bed. I'm grateful for pull ups.


Just can't get enough of adorable Khloe. Here she is watching my ceiling fan. She really liked watching Sean's new one.

Sean wanted to have Kids day. I bought a cake at Dairy Queen. (They are $10 off on Tuesdays). When I told the lady I wanted it to say "Happy Kids Day" she said "I didn't know it was Kids day." Well, now you do! We put five and a half candles in it. I made a banner and Sean was happy. Sean's friend Rylie was there. He's been staying at our house on Tuesday and Wednesday's after school. His grandfather has to take the foster care classes so he can adopt him.

If Khloe wants to go spelunking or if she just wants to read a book without turning on the lights she is ready. Sean decided Khloe needed a Baby's Day and picked out a couple of outfits for her. That baby doesn't need any more clothes but I am powerless to resist. 
Getting ready to put the fan up.



Sean is pleased with the end result.

Laying on the bed watching the fan go round and round. Excitement at the Lindsay house.

Good thing Don is handy.
Loving me some Khloe!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors