Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer School

Sean is going to summer school. He gets bored and wants to be busy all the time. We play hooky when we have something we'd rather do. He gets up in the morning and if I don't get ready fast enough he says "I've got to go to school. I NEED TO LEARN!" Seriously, who says that? He is doing so well with reading. I am amazed and he hasn't even started public kindergarten. Max's mom is trying to test him into first grade and skip kindergarten at the public school since he (like Sean) has already completed kindergarten at the Montessori school. I'm not interested in putting Sean a year ahead. There are lots of opportunities in school now, like learning Chinese.

They have field trips every Friday. Being the neurotic mother I have become I go the field trips because I don't trust other people. Field trips have always made me nervous. So many kids, so few teachers. Don came too.
Waiting to go into Red Butte Gardens. I love Vanessa's bonnet. I need to get Khloe one like that.

Sean and Max.

Sean and Rylie in the water fountain. It was hot!

The kids wanted to look at the fish and Marta told them they had to lay on their stomachs so they wouldn't fall in.

My favorite picture and no one fell in.

The kids from the school are taking swim lessons too. Marta takes them in the van. Again, I'm too paranoid to send Sean to swim lessons in a van with 12 other kids and one adult. I take him to the rec center and read while he takes his lesson. Today he wanted to ride back to the school in the van so I let him. The van doesn't have air conditioning and it was already 90 degrees at 9:30. When I asked him how the ride was he said "warm."

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors