Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Critters and demolition

Two or three years ago Laura called and said there was something in the attic. I called a critter control company and they said they would go out that afternoon. I called Laura and she said she wouldn't be home so they'd have to come another time. I gave her their number and told her to call them. I never heard about it again so I assumed that the critters were gone. Well assuming makes me an ass. We called an animal control company and they came out and said they thought there were raccoon in the attic. I told Brian and he said "Oh, I saw them, a mom and 3 babies." What the heck!
There is a bad addition in the back of the house and we thought that the raccoon were getting in the attic through the back of the addition. We decided it was best to take it down so we could deal with the critter problem completely. 

Good bye little rooms.
While the demolition crew was there we had them tear down the shed in the back yard as well. It was a potential critter home as well. Don said "if we were in Africa we could live in here." I told him it was a good thing we weren't in Africa.


The shed was full of garbage. When the demolition crew came out they were throwing everything away. Brian was there and he was running around yelling "that's mine." It's the only time I've ever seen him hurry.



They filled their garbage truck up twice.





I had put a request in for a demolition crew on a website called Thumbtack. I posted it at 8:30 at night. Within 30 seconds I had a phone call. I made an appointment to meet with him at 10 the next morning. I got another half dozen text within a few minutes. I made two more appointments. The first guy I met with was disorganized and over priced. The second guy (who was the first guy) gave a good bid. I asked him when he could start and he said "now." He left got his crew and dump truck and by 6 p.m. the demolition was complete. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors